Acceptable Use Policy
Website hosting and Virtual Server Clients click here for Disclaimer
The purpose of this statement is to provide acceptable use policies for the utilization of NetWest Internet Services (NetWest) network facilities and services. It is the policy of NetWest to provide its subscribers access to the broadest possible number of organizations connected to the Internet. This is accomplished through connectivity to one or more provincial/state, regional or national backbone networks. Any traffic that exits NetWest and traverses the numerous other networks to which NetWest is directly or indirectly connected must conform to the acceptable use policies governing those networks..
By using our service you are agreeing to adhere to these policies
All traffic entering NetWest facilities from a NetWest subscriber is unrestricted unless listed as unacceptable in this policy.
It is the responsibility of all organizations and individual users to:
- respect the privacy of other users, and to not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data or passwords belonging to other users without permission,
- maintain use that is consistent with common ethical practice and accepted community standards,
- respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license to programs, data and documents.
It is not acceptable to use NetWest services and facilities for any purposes which violate any applicable laws or regulations or to transmit any communication where the meaning of the message, or its transmission or distribution, would likely be highly offensive to the recipient or recipients. It is not acceptable to use NetWest services and facilities for the purposes of transmitting threatening or harassing materials.
It is not acceptable to use NetWest services and facilities to interfere with or disrupt other network users, services or equipment. Such interference or disruption includes, but is not limited to:
- distribution of unsolicited advertising,
- excessive newsgroup cross-posting,
- transmissions of any type or quantity that causes disruption of service to others,
- propagation of computer worms or viruses,
- use of the network to make unauthorized entry to other computational, information or communications devices or resources,
- sustained, excessive use of NetWest communication and computational facilities without prior arrangement with NetWest operations.
It is assumed that information and resources accessible via NetWest are private to the individuals and organizations which own or hold rights to those resources and information unless specifically stated otherwise by the owners or holders of rights. It is therefore not acceptable for an individual to use NetWest to access information or resources unless permission to do so has been granted by the owners or holders of rights to those resources or information.
Enforcement and Violations:
All NetWest member organizations assume responsibility for providing reasonable publicity for the NetWest ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY at their sites and for communicating this policy to an appropriate administrative authority at all sites connected to theirs via connections that are not directly supported by NetWest. Ultimate responsibility for traffic that does or does not conform to this policy is with the individual end-user who originates that traffic.
The Administrators of NetWest or their designee will review alleged violation of the NetWest acceptable use policy on a case-by- case basis. Clear violations of the policy which are not promptly remedied by the relevant member organization or end-user may result in disciplinary action by NetWest up to and including the expulsion of the member from NetWest, termination of Internet services, and forfeiture of all dues and fees paid to date.
Modifications to this policy:
NetWest reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Copyright NetWest, All Rights Reserved.
Mailing Address: Box 261, Coombs, B.C., V0R-1M0
Telephone: (250) 248-4129 — Fax: (250) 248-0324